The present effort to change City Code §3.96 occurs in the context of events and documents going back four decades or more.
This page captures some of the more significant documents, arranged in chronological order. Check back for additions.
- 1998 City of Portland ONI GuidelinesDownload
- 2005 Current Version of City Code Chapter 3.96
Subsection 030 defines relationship with Neighborhood AssociationsDownload
- 2005 League of Women Voters Neighborhood Assn StudyDownload
- 2005 League of Women Voters Neighborhood Assn HistoryDownload
- 2008 Community Connect ReportDownload
- 2010 City of Portland Public Involvement PrinciplesDownload
- 2016 City Auditors Report on the Office of Neighborhood InvolvementDownload
- 2018 Portland City Council Emergency Ordinance 189078
Changed name to Office of Community & Civic LifeDownload
- 2018 Portland City Council Resolution 37373
Established Code Change CommitteeDownload
- 2018 Portland Mayor Wheeler’s Remarks on Resolution 37373, transcribed.
Extensive reporting in Portland media began in July 2019; see our “Press” page.
- July 16: Letter from the League of Women VotersDownload
- July 18:
Proposed New Version of City Code Chapter 3.96
- Sepember 3: The original date City Council was expected to consider the proposal.
- November 14 (evening): City Council is currently expected to consider the proposal then. (This replaces earlier planned dates ranging from Sept. 3 to Nov. 7.)